Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Signe, I'm a sucker for you!
I'm sorry, but I have to get this of my chest ...

These drum track, and a couple of the BGVs ... I cannot for the life of me get my head around why on eath anyone would do that??!! Somebody got this great opportunity to record this great song, not to speak of incredible vocal performance, and this is what that person did to it?! What the F!? If that isn't taking a crap on, may I assume, a serious artist, then I don't know what is. That person should be ashamed .... ASHAMED! Yeah yeah, "it can be replaced with sample".Sure, and while we're at it, why not replace the entire band with samples then?! And yeah, there's a reason the singer sings the entire word, not just the beginning and the middle of it, so no, you should NOT cut if off half way through. Ever heard of the a do-over? This is not cool, dude, that's all I'm saying, not cool! End of rant
This song is just awesome, and what an amazing vocal perforrmance. I'm drawn in! Yeah, I'm a sucker for these naive pseudo hard rock songs, I guess it's kind of a guilty pleasure ... Wink 

The tracks were already broken, so I abandonned the idea of having a real serious go at this, and instead ended up playing with a buch of vocal stuff. Somewhere inbetween the hardship, it was ... sorta fun.

Update v2
Aimed for a more punchy snare, more bass in verse and a more distinct verse vocal

.mp3    Signe Jakobsen - What Have You Done To Me - v2.mp3 --  (Download: 6.27 MB)

I have a Polish friend, who is a sound engineer. Oh, and a Czech one too.

#nobodygoeshomehummingthekickdrum
#nosubnoshow

Messages In This Thread
Signe, I'm a sucker for you! - by Krabbe - 20-05-2020, 07:00 PM
RE: Signe, I'm a sucker for you! - by mikej - 21-05-2020, 12:56 PM
RE: Signe, I'm a sucker for you! - by Krabbe - 21-05-2020, 11:21 PM
RE: Signe, I'm a sucker for you! - by mikej - 27-05-2020, 04:27 PM
RE: Signe, I'm a sucker for you! - by Krabbe - 28-05-2020, 09:20 PM