Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Get Out Of Bed Mix, only 2 years late
I think the 2nd mix is an improvement. I dunno. I kinda just like to live in the moment and not compare. That's not a personal mantra I'm just lazy. But yeah from memory I'm confident it's a step up. Even if not I generally like what I'm hearing.

I wish the "heys" or whatever were bigger and in stereo.

The mix has a brightness that I don't hate. It works but a lot of the energy is in the upper mids.

If this mix were beating me up I'd say it's doing a lot of slapping but could do some more punching. I dunno. Maybe the slaps just grab my attention and distract from the body work. The kick and bass are there so the punch works but it's generally aggressive in the upper mids/highs. The vocals tend to blend in with everything else. I can't tell if you really want my lunch money. Everything seems to want to do their work around 3khz. It's a lovely frequency. I'm not anti 3k. But it's MSG.

Hope that helps. Probably not but a lot of judging mixing seems absurd. Also, it's late Saturday and I'm being obtuse about mixing. Yes there's a pandemic so I shouldn't be out anyway but still.

Anyhoo. It works.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Get Out Of Bed Mix, only 2 years late - by Roy - 10-05-2020, 03:00 AM