Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Forthcoming Turn Registered Mix
I like it! One thing I would mention is that the low end is very hyped and there's like a 1.8khz peak in the guitars. Now I really usually like this, but it could probably be backed off on a little bit. The other thing is, there's a LOT of bass. From like 50 to 110hz, there's just a lot of bass. Probably stylistic choice, but it's not the cleanest low end. Also the snare seems to drop off a little bit and not have as much volume as the kick. The kick makes the snare disappear. Cleaning up that low end in the kick might help, and so would carving out a little space for the snare and maybe using a transient designer to make it more aggressive and stand out more. The kick and snare need to sound like they're pushing and pulling in proportion with each other. I've heard it referred to as an aggressive dance, and I think it's an apt analogy. More high end on the snare should help, as well as cleaning some space for it. Still a good sounding mix aside from those low end issues that I hear where the kick pumps the whole mix haha.

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Forthcoming Turn Registered Mix - by aftercutrecords - 25-07-2020, 04:27 AM