Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Alone With You. . . again
Hi!

Ah gotcha.

Thanks for being so understanding regarding my comments. I was a bit hesitant to air my thoughts and figured I might be in for a bit of an education Blush.

Dunno about 90's (kind of on from Teddy Riley, Jam & Lewis I guess) but I'm sure I have some 80's Loose Ends, and also some Mary J Blige CD's knocking around somewhere. Jill Scott, Erykah Badu.... Some really tight mixes about for the R&B stuff. Kind of Pensado territory I suppose. (Actually we got All Saints, and Atomic Kitten in the UK in the 90s Big Grin).

I think I got the vibe ok - I went for a more laid back, smooth, intimate, vocal upfront feel for my go at this. Kind of up close right in your ear thing. Well that was my intent anyway - which I suppose must have influenced my thoughts a bit I guess. (I do really try my best to listen to other mixes as their own thing though).

Appreciate you taking the time and also for sorting out some reference tracks. I might have to give this track another go with the 90's R&B vibe in mind.

Cheers!
Just uploaded a mix/master?  Waiting for comments? Why not give back and critique a mix/master, or two!

Messages In This Thread
Alone With You. . . again - by loweche6 - 03-04-2020, 03:48 AM
RE: Alone With You. . . again - by mikej - 05-04-2020, 01:39 AM
RE: Alone With You. . . again - by loweche6 - 05-04-2020, 03:25 AM
RE: Alone With You. . . again - by mikej - 05-04-2020, 04:25 AM