Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
I Am The Desert
Here is my take on mixing the track. I only used the first of the 2 drum tracks, and split it into separate drums and snare tracks to process the sample separately. I added a sub kick, and then doubled the snare track to have one track sitting in the center and triggering a gated reverb while a second track is widened with Sound Toys little microshift.

Mixing the bass tracks was a long effort, as I found they kept riding over each other each other and the drums. All three bass tracks are side chained to the kick channel (another benefit of splitting the drum tracks) but I kept all three in the center.

I did some light EQing on the synth tracks and tried to create space in the mix with them. I was not impressed with the guitar tracks. The first track needed time editing and I kept it lower in the mix. I thought the second track had a good riff and I added some panning to make it a little more interesting.

For the vocals I kept some tracks dead center, while others had light microshift to create some more width to them and avoid too much of the song stacking in the middle.

Let me know what you think!

.mp3    Mix I am the desert.mp3 --  (Download: 7.67 MB)

Messages In This Thread
I Am The Desert - by jamSTHLM - 02-04-2020, 09:21 PM
RE: I Am The Desert - by PhilThePeel - 02-04-2020, 09:38 PM
RE: I Am The Desert - by Judders - 02-04-2020, 10:30 PM
RE: I Am The Desert - by loweche6 - 03-04-2020, 06:39 AM
RE: I Am The Desert - by jamSTHLM - 05-04-2020, 07:03 PM
RE: I Am The Desert - by loweche6 - 11-04-2020, 04:29 AM