Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mix v0.2
Hey Mmga! I like this mix, really good. The problems i can find is that the verses feel a bit "of" versus the guitars. I like the guitartones you got here, you went even further then i did and made them heavy. I think if the vox comes up a bit and maybe the bass a tiny bit up you have a killer mix. Not a bad mix i got to say. What i did on my mix was i had a couple of boosts of expanders and transients boosters and also tiny bit of gating on some elements to make it less washy and untight, i hear some washiness in your mix and that could help it out.

Frequency-wise i think that the guitars are (in my opinion/preference) a bit heavy around 500-700. I know that those freqs are key in guitars to make them still have tone and feel heavy. Also i think that there are some distortion in the guitars around 1800hz since the guitars are hitting the roof there. The kick could def come upp around 4-5k a tiny bit and mostly i think in the 50-80hz area. I think the main problem is that the transients are a bit to smooth in the kick, you sorta need a bit smack i believe, don't get me wrong here, the kick is very nice tonally, has a good bass but i context or musically i think the grove can get better by emphasize the kick-attack. The snare feels a bit floppy also, could be a bit more "twangy". I had no samples but i think that could be a great thing to have on the snare, even though the snare sounded good to begin with.

The bass needs more 130-170 hz and some high mids in my monitoring situation, if the bass cuts the kick after that use a sidechaincompressor on the bass against the kick.

The toms are shy and also the overheads, find a way to make it louder and better sounding ;D Goodjob anyhow on this mix.

Messages In This Thread
Mix v0.2 - by MakeMixingGreatAgain - 01-04-2020, 10:34 PM
RE: Mix v0.2 - by crownoise - 02-04-2020, 10:42 AM
RE: Mix v0.2 - by MakeMixingGreatAgain - 02-04-2020, 12:50 PM
RE: Mix v0.2 - by micsamuel - 03-04-2020, 04:02 AM
RE: Mix v0.2 - by Roy - 03-04-2020, 01:57 PM