Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Blue
This was a handful of an arrangement due to the overly abundant stereo flab for such a cute song, though I fully undertand the intention of having it floaty for a concept. However, "Too much floaty brings in the bloaty", so no apologies for the edits. My wish is that the materials weren't so low-mid heavy and short on presence and treble and I think most listener's would think the same, consciously or subconsciously because it gets fatiguing. And of course, tone is mood....emotion. The toy piano stands out as a valuable contributor and brings a much welcomed light to the performance though. Perhaps without the contrasts as they are, it's impact would be otherwise different.

I tried to help the voice, but the artifacts were worse than the benefit so elected to leave it. There is an exception in the middle somewhere, where he's right out of step (choking back the emotions I bet, and why not?). Some deft hard cutting and re-arranging got the worst distractions; it's fairly transparent in the circumstances i.e. if you've no memory of the song.

Thanks PT/GB.

.m4a    blue 17 monked.m4a --  (Download: 14.53 MB)

"Nearly half of all teenagers and young adults (12-35 years old) in middle- and high-income countries are exposed to unsafe levels of sound from the use of personal  audio  devices": https://tinyurl.com/6xeeahc5 Read my bio.

Messages In This Thread
Blue - by Monk - 23-01-2020, 11:24 AM
RE: Blue - by Dangerous - 23-01-2020, 01:23 PM
RE: Blue - by Monk - 30-10-2020, 03:16 PM
RE: Blue - by Monk - 30-10-2020, 03:18 PM