Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
XXXV mix
My biggest struggle for this one were the vocals coming with very different volumes, which I had to fix, and also their muddiness. I decided to push them towards the 6khz and temper the lower side. I didn't manage to blend them very well with the rest of the music.

For the guitars I made a duplicate channel with only the 'chuggy' part of the spectrum so I could keep control over it all through different modifications and enhance the dynamics. I also used mid side compression to carve a place for the vocals to sit in and widen up the stereo.

For the drums, I mostly cleaned stuff, the toms especially were sounding strange. There was a lot of bleeding in all chanels so I mostly used gates, or compressors to get rid of that, when I didn't delete track sections by myself (toms).

For side chain compression, the kick slices the bass, the kick+snare slice the guitars, and the vocals slice the guitars too.

I wasn't too happy until I apply parallel comp on the master bas and then magic happened.

I still think the vocals don't blend well, there's like a constant bar of mids without dynamics hidden in the spectrum, and also the cymbals are making a bit mess of a sound that I couldn't tame. well...

.mp3    headwound harry 191224.mp3 --  (Download: 5.08 MB)

Messages In This Thread
XXXV mix - by Ansercanagicus - 24-12-2019, 11:23 AM
RE: XXXV mix - by Ansercanagicus - 31-12-2019, 01:38 PM