Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
heavy and dirty alternative
Great song Smile

I used all tracks and went for the heavy and dirty underground alternative-indie style that was quite popular in the early 1990s.

Back when nothing offended anybody Smile

I aimed for the LIVE sound you would find in small intimate clubs back then, which, for the lucky few, found its way onto CDs and MTVs "120minutes" (Which was a stylish mix of indie-alternative genres, featuring both single videos and entire concerts. Great program, one that I miss personally)

So yeah, I don't believe in neutering music just to fit it into modern-day bluetooth-speakers. I get it, they're smart and they can be useful, but when you want the real thing to hit you in the stomach... you need something that can push more air. It's simple physics and everybody who loves music obviously knows this.

This song will sound best on vintage Cerwin-Vega speakers (If you don't have that, then use some good headphones at least) with big bass-drivers and huge horns (good old classic speakers)

And play loud of course Smile

I hope the band likes this version as much as I like their song and their playing-style.

Thanks for listening.
jacob.

.mp3    Purple Hat Mob - Access Denied (JELmix).mp3 --  (Download: 10.86 MB)

Messages In This Thread
heavy and dirty alternative - by JEL - 26-11-2019, 09:55 AM
RE: heavy and dirty alternative - by Roy - 26-11-2019, 02:17 PM
RE: heavy and dirty alternative - by JEL - 27-11-2019, 06:53 AM
RE: heavy and dirty alternative - by JEL - 30-11-2019, 05:24 AM
RE: heavy and dirty alternative - by AndyGallas - 04-12-2019, 09:26 PM
RE: heavy and dirty alternative - by JEL - 06-12-2019, 12:36 PM