Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lyndsey Ollard: Catching Up (Glider Mix)
Hi. The new mix sounds way better, you did change a lot of things!
Letting the rhythm guitars take the led over bass works really well in this case

My only subjective complain would be the snare, that you made "punchier" you said. I think the tone is still a bit off, and that giving it more presence only made it jump out of the mix from 1:10 to 2:20. All instruments blend very well but the snare has a little something odd. Like a said in my first post the drums are only following the rest of the music there, a has very little momentum, so keeping them at a soft volume worked better I think.

From 2:20, all the drum parts gain more momentum, and the drum kit sounds more coherent. Still, the sound really forward and dry, as opposed to the rest of the song that is atmospheric and wet. Maybe you could turn the drums a little bit down, or give them more room mic.

On the other hand, there's something pleasing about this punchy snare coupling the guitar strums in the verse (from 2:20). I goes "pom (pom) TCHAK (), pom (pom) TCHAK ()" and is subtle enough. I don't know if tweaking the drums will have bad consequences on this cool effect

Messages In This Thread
RE: Lyndsey Ollard: Catching Up (Glider Mix) - by Ansercanagicus - 19-10-2019, 07:14 AM