Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My "Iron Sheik" mix...tips and corrections,please
(30-09-2019, 01:53 PM)FytaKyte Wrote: Hi Borch, your mix sounds quite good to my ear, and (at least on my studio speakers) it seems to have good low end coming from the bass guitar. I'm not hearing anything that I could put my finger on as being phase problems, although I notice the close mics on the drums seem to have quite a bit of attack, without much low end weight and sustain.

While Alan (Takka360) is quite right that the thinness in the drums could be caused by poor phase interaction between the drum mics, it could also be the result of your particular eq choices. I think the latter is more likely, because I pulled up my own mix of this track and noticed that I hadn't done any polarity switching on the tracks as they were supplied.

I'd suggest referencing some music in this genre for the drum sounds - They need less attack and more sustain and low end weight to really reflect the style, IMO.

One other area I think this multitrack needs some work is in the vocal tuning - especially the background vocals.

Overall though, I quite like the direction you have gone in here.

Thank you for clarifying my doubts ... I will review the eq in the drums and try to add more sustain

Messages In This Thread
RE: My "Iron Sheik" mix...tips and corrections,please - by BORCH - 30-09-2019, 08:16 PM