Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Great Enough - Setting Fire to Die Young - Updated - Mix 6
I'm listening on different, less familiar earbuds at the moment so take my usual grain of salt with yet another grain of salt.
Personally I'm not a fan of the saturator because it feels like it adds a level of artificialness and brittleness (I think, I'm not happy with that choice of adjective) and makes me think it's an overall distortion and not something on the guitar alone. But I'll fully concede that might just be my ear and awareness of the effect. The average user wouldn't notice. I thing the micro pitching helps. Is it delayed as well? Maybe some rides on the solo sections?

Tonally it feels good. Certainly meaty. I do wish the snare had a little more crack to cut through all the meatiness. More salt on the steak, as it were. The bass is pretty big (at least on these earbuds) but the right size of big.

Vocals sound good. Besides the effect at the top I think it could use something else to maybe help it punctuate some sections or to help highlight the chorus more.

That's all that jumps out at me. Sounds really good with some minor thoughts. Good job.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Setting Fire to Die Young - The Great Enough - by Roy - 27-08-2019, 12:58 PM