Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
All Hands Lost RyanB Mix need Feedback
First things first, this is actually really good for a first mix! My first mix was not this good, you're on the right track! There are a few issues though. The first is the gate on the snare, I noticed a couple of times toward the beginning the snare cuts out in spots where there should be a hit. The easiest solution would be to back off on the threshold (remember it's okay to have a little bleed from other drums occasionally, as long as it's not too much. Also maybe backing down the volume on the bottom snare and compressing it with a slow attack and fast release will help to tighten up the sound of it. Also cutting back a little 600-800hz will help the snare. Use a similar compressor on the kick as well as a little extra 8khz to get more of the "click" sound. On the vocals, I found that adding some 3-4khz helps to make it feel more "open". Also, a mistake that many beginning producers make is adding a ton of reverb (I did it too when I first started). Backing down on the reverb on vocals or replacing them with a little bit of delay will actually help the vocals stand out a little more. Keep up the good work!

Messages In This Thread
RE: All Hands Lost RyanB Mix need Feedback - by jamesw1 - 06-08-2019, 03:12 AM