Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
thelvnguage - Raspberry Jam - Updated
This piece had its challenges; and rewards. The three channels of mono drums presents a ton of imaging options. I do not think the drums were recorded using the Glyn Johns method but I would be interested to know how the mics were placed. Anyway, moving the overhead around really changed the focus of the drums. That was cool. I ended up offsetting the overhead slightly to the left.

My first impression of the other instruments was that they called for widening and articulation without panning. Panning is an easy way to get definition from a field of instruments which may be fighting for tonal space in a mix. But with only four instruments, that seemed an unnecessary approach so I loaded up some heavy compression and delays and choruses and went to work. As the Rhodes was a mono source, a chorus seemed to be a good solution for widening and the guitar needed taming and separation by space so a limiting amp and several delays and a reverb were used.

I re-amped the bass buss with a clean American channel and a 4 x 12 classic British enclosure using EQ, delay and reverb stomp boxes with some articulation added by a Neutrino at the end of the chain. The chain was headed by a Klanghelm compressor to drive it.

The sources in this allow for any number of treatments so I chose my path and sallied forth and infiltrated this place of perception and produced this.

I hope it is found worthy of comment.

thelvnguage - Raspberry Jam - Mix 3

Slightly re-imaged drums with an attendant remastering.

Cheese,
mITc

PS: thelvnguage???

.mp3    thelvnguage - Raspberry Jam.mp3 --  (Download: 6.31 MB)

.mp3    thelvnguage - Raspberry Jam - Mix 3.mp3 --  (Download: 6.31 MB)

PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]

Messages In This Thread
thelvnguage - Raspberry Jam - Updated - by Mixinthecloud - 10-07-2019, 03:42 PM