Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Ripe - Little Bit Lighter - New Update
Just my 2 cents on this one...
Mix 3
The bass reverb first seemed rather pointless to me but after listening a few times, it kind of helps it to stick out in the bass/bass&drums solos. I can hear a bit of humming in the bass track from the amp, I muted the amp track because of it. The vocal sounds a bit thin to my ears and has a bit too much sibilance. The vocal delay sounds good although it's sometimes a bit distracting with it's timing, a proper tap delay would be awesome, especially on the fx vocal in the chorus.
Not much to say about those guitars, hard panned left & right like in the original mix, in the guitar solo however it's better placed in the center I think.
There's a bit too much reverb on the snare for my taste, the rest of the drum kit is nice however with very clear overheads.
The horns fit well in the mix without getting too harsh.
Overall, the mix has a good balance with good dynamics.
The good thing about live mixing is that you don't have to worry about how it sounds later on someone's soda can. You got your live acts, your mixing desk, your PA, and your audience that you directly connect to and you have to get it right without the possibility to fiddle with the settings afterwards.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ripe - Little Bit Lighter - by Shul - 08-07-2019, 04:25 PM
RE: Ripe - Little Bit Lighter - by Mixinthecloud - 08-07-2019, 04:38 PM
RE: Ripe - Little Bit Lighter - by Shul - 08-07-2019, 04:47 PM
RE: Ripe - Little Bit Lighter - Updated - by Roy - 11-07-2019, 01:22 PM
RE: Ripe - Little Bit Lighter - New Update - by Thomas Mueller - 04-08-2019, 10:23 PM