Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cotton Drifting - Rainy Day II (M&F)
(13-04-2019, 08:12 PM)GinghamJones Wrote: Interesting I haven't heard of either of those! I looked up the 5059 and that is an attractive looking piece of equipment, did you use any of the tone adjustments on it? Also, did you use the Ocean Way in conjunction with the room mics or is it used in stead?

*I bussed the direct drums mix into an Aux Bus with the Ocean Way room on it, so it sounds as if the drums were recorded there... There's 3 mic placements in that plugin, there's 1 dead close, 1 mid way for a level spread, and 1 far for room ambience.. I adjusted the levels in the plugin to the feel I wanted to compliment the underside of the song with. The room tracks were left direct outside the Aux Bus.

Yes, I used a very small amount of Red Silk setting on the 5059... I like the 5059 on songs where there's a good dynamic range in the song, in this song, there's a great dynamic range in 3 stages and even the gtr vamp in the mid song, the 5059 can handle that small spike in intensity smoothly.

M1 Pro MBP: is my Hattori Hanzo.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Cotton Drifting - Rainy Day II (M&F) - by Digitaldruglord - 13-04-2019, 09:35 PM