Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cotton Drifting - Rainy Day II (M&F)
Hey, Cole with Cotton Drifting here. Uh, first off thanks, you totally made my morning a better place to be haha! I greatly appreciate the feedback and mix submission.

I think you had an interesting vision for your mix, very loud and "in your face". I love the way the first section builds up and I especially love how audible the kick drum is. That's something I feel is missing from my version. I also think your panning choice is cool, keeping the acoustic guitar to one side and the drums more centered with the melodic guitars hugging from the sides. Overall the mix feels very powerful to me.

I would like to ask how the drums were processed. Partly out of curiosity, but also because it sounds like there is a phase issue with the snare, it seems more hollow than it should be to me. My guess is either the snare mic could use a polarity invert or that there is a very short artificial ambience added that has conflict with the punch of the snare. I actually think it's a cool sound in its own right but I also feel it takes away some of the power in it. I'd also like to hear just a little more acoustic guitar at the end section, I think. But I'm biased ;].

That's all I can think of for now. Thanks, again. I'd love to contribute more songs if there's an interest because it's just too cool to hear different mix perspectives!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Cotton Drifting - Rainy Day II (M&F) - by GinghamJones - 13-04-2019, 07:42 PM