Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dunning Kruger's Japan Song
Hello everybody,
This is my second mix. I need criticism, please give any you can. For anyone wondering, I mix with a pair of gaming headphones (HyperX Cloud Flight's) and a pair of monitors (not near field per se, also meant for general listening) (they are the klipsch r-15pm's). I used a variety of plugins, the one constant type being a multi-band compressor to hit harsher parts of instruments and the lead vocal. With the cellos, I used a four-band compressor with two extra (so six) to cut smaller parts out or bring the similar smaller parts in more to give a different sound. Also, for the master, I used a multi-band compressor to slightly soften the lows from the bass guitar and the kick drum along with a very, VERY slight removal of some highs to maintain brightness (but not to the point your ears bleed). Finally, I used a limiter to keep the mix at a certain ceiling, with a tape plugin for some warmth (in their respective orders). As mentioned earlier, this is my second mix and I NEED critique from anyone willing to give.
Thanks and keep on Mixing!

.mp3    Dunning Kruger - Japan Song.mp3 --  (Download: 9.05 MB)

Messages In This Thread
Dunning Kruger's Japan Song - by SearingCut - 09-03-2019, 11:28 AM
RE: Dunning Kruger's Japan Song - by Roy - 09-03-2019, 02:41 PM