Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mix by Zbat
Hi,

I had fun mixing this song although I'm not massively impressed with my results, I would love some feedback in order to pinpoint what I can improve.
I feel like the snare is still lacking precision for instance as per the overall mix,

I loved the fact that there were so many tracks as I could play with panning like crazy.

I am not a massive fan of the triggered kick and toms + there was a lot of hi hat bleed on the snare actually had to use a sample for the snare so ended up with something really robotic like, I tried to use a bit of the room sounds to keep it "live" but the drummer was not SUPER tight so difficult not to make it sound muddy.
Punk is very difficult to play well: the tighter, the heavier and it's very unforgiving if not precise.
I used parallel "New York Style" compression boosting the high and low end before compressing for the kick and snare.

I did not take a massive amount of risks overall, just wanted the mix to be punchy and tight. Used bands like NOFX as a reference (these guys are unbelievably tight btw), this might be why it sounds a tad bright, because those bands have a crazy amount of high end and the bass is glued to the guitar into one big instrument.

Please let me know what you think,
Thanks a lot
Quentin

.mp3    Semantics.mp3 --  (Download: 10.31 MB)

.mp3    Semantics REVISED.mp3 --  (Download: 10.4 MB)

Messages In This Thread
Mix by Zbat - by Zbat - 06-02-2019, 05:51 AM
RE: Mix by Zbat - by Zbat - 06-02-2019, 12:32 PM
RE: Mix by Zbat - by Pasta - 08-02-2019, 11:06 AM
RE: Mix by Zbat - by Zbat - 08-02-2019, 01:45 PM
RE: Mix by Zbat - by Pasta - 08-02-2019, 02:18 PM
RE: Mix by Zbat - by Zbat - 09-02-2019, 06:03 AM