Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Drag Me Down - My Mix & Master
Warning: Master might be loud! Turn down the volume.

I am an audio student with about 2-3 years of mixing experience, but I sometimes come onto cambridge to see what others think of my mixing.

I was rather surprised by how good some of the mixes for this song were on the forum. The song has a lot of tracks, so I honestly thought that plenty of people would have difficulty. Then again, sometimes songs with more tracks are easier to mix, but I was still shocked.

I found it harder than normal to compete with the official mix as well as the best mixes on the forum. I wanted to get a heavy metalcore-type sound out of the song, but I don't feel like I did that. I tried to keep things powerful/full.

Kick, snare, and toms were sample replaced.

I used an amp sim on the guitar DIs then scrapped the rest of the guitars.

Some of the synths were given a bit of distortion to lift off some of the hiss/ting and add more fullness.

Tell me what you think! (don't hold back) Smile

EDIT: I finally got around to revisit my mix. I feel like I made a good overall improvement. I still kept my guitar sounds over the stock ones, but I worked on reducing the bus compression as well as working on the low end. I also got to use my good speakers this time around. I plan on this mix being my final one.

.mp3    AdamBuckley_DragMeDown MASTER.mp3 --  (Download: 7.64 MB)

.mp3    AdamBuckley_DragMeDown r1 final.mp3 --  (Download: 7.51 MB)

Messages In This Thread
Drag Me Down - My Mix & Master - by Nick - 23-12-2018, 09:19 PM
RE: Drag Me Down - My Mix & Master - by Shul - 23-12-2018, 10:15 PM
RE: Drag Me Down - My Mix & Master - by Shul - 24-12-2018, 01:11 AM
RE: Drag Me Down - My Mix & Master - by Nick - 24-12-2018, 05:45 AM
RE: Drag Me Down - My Mix & Master - by dcp10200 - 24-12-2018, 08:19 AM
RE: Drag Me Down - My Mix & Master - by Nick - 24-12-2018, 09:32 PM
RE: Drag Me Down - My Mix & Master - by Shul - 24-12-2018, 09:46 AM
RE: Drag Me Down - My Mix & Master - by Nick - 19-01-2019, 07:35 AM