Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 2.29 Average
Livin in the City inspired by Van Morrison
I was listening to Brown Eyed Girl by Van Morrison last night and it inspired me to make this mix here, on that song the drums, bass, guitars, and backup vocals are panned LCR and the bass seems to have some form of ADT on it, which sounds really cool and something that would suit the vibe of this track here. I've also added an instance of Izotope Vinyl set to 1970s mode to emulate the character of of the Van Morrison track more and as a side effect it seemed to smooth out some of the weirdness going on in the overheads.

This is a static mix now and I'm going to do some automation passes late on but I'm uploading this mix as a proof of concept rough mix, so changes will come and I appreciate your feedback!

Cheers,
Doug

.mp3    Living in the City Mix 1 \'70s.mp3 --  (Download: 8.09 MB)

Mixing is way more art and soul than science. We don’t really know what we’re doing. We do it because we love music! It’s the love of music first. Eddie Kramer

Gear list: Focusrite Scarlett 18i20, Mbox Mini w/Pro Tools Express, Reaper, Various plugins, AKG K240 MKii, Audio Technica ATH M50x, Yorkville YSM 6

Messages In This Thread
Livin in the City inspired by Van Morrison - by dcp10200 - 23-12-2018, 12:04 AM