Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1.5 Average
Adam Buckley - Drag Me Down [OctoOnFire]
(20-12-2018, 07:05 AM)Shul Wrote: It's about the arrangement of the song. Not every tracks is supposed to be PRESENT.. or IN YOUR FACE. If you turn up 90 tracks of sounds well then all you get is noise. But if you carefully analyze it and do good work with the dynamics of those tracks then you can work with your headroom.

Well, I'm only discussing this song and arrangement.

There are about 16 tracks banging away during the introduction. In your mix, for example, it clips and distorts because of overload, and it's not the only place. This is a good example of what I'm talking about.

Quote:I guess you can say the more tracks you can handle and still be able to put a good mix the better you get a mixing.

Not much good if it's clipping though.

Personally, I think FWIW, that developing a skill which recognises what works and what doesn't (musically, emotionally, spectrally, etc), then dealing with it accordingly in the vision, is better than one that can't tell if it was included simply to give options at mixdown.

"Nearly half of all teenagers and young adults (12-35 years old) in middle- and high-income countries are exposed to unsafe levels of sound from the use of personal  audio  devices": https://tinyurl.com/6xeeahc5 Read my bio.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Adam Buckley - Drag Me Down [OctoOnFire] - by Monk - 20-12-2018, 01:13 PM