Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1.5 Average
Adam Buckley - Drag Me Down [OctoOnFire]
Hi everyone,

Finally I've decided to try mixing this song. The tracks are really well produced, apart from some questionable use of autotune.

I used some songs from The Gazette as reference from the beginning, trying to aim for their excellent production. It's big and loud (that was my intention, anyway Smile ).
Quote:[REVISION 1 NOTES]

- Went back to the mix to work on the toms a little. Used some EQ and transient shaping, very subtle. Took a little bit of 100Hz-ish away from the reverb.
- On the verses, I worked on the piano to make it a little less fat. I believe it was overwhelming the sides and even creating some unwanted distortion.
- On the Mix bus: I used TDR NOVA GE. I used some dynamic EQ around 300Hz (II), a little higher Q around 500 HZ (III) and even more subtle around 800HZ (IV), which I believe brought up the background vocals a little bit, as a secondary effect to clearing up the mids. Very low ratios, 1.5 to 1 or less. Then, I also added some highs and lows, using the dynEQ function to keep them under control (I and VI). Here's a screenshot of the TDR:

[Image: TDR-Buss.png]

Quote:REVISION 2 NOTES:

Fixed a problem in the master buss with the clipper and limiter not being set up properly and working too hard, clipping at some points

I hope you enjoy listening. Any comments, questions and notes are really appreciated, the feedback here is invaluable!

Cheers,

OoF

.mp3    AdamBuckley_DragMeDown_OoF_v1.4m_MP3.mp3 --  (Download: 7.62 MB)

.mp3    AdamBuckley_DragMeDown_OoF_v1.4m_Rev1_MP3.mp3 --  (Download: 7.62 MB)

.mp3    AdamBuckley_DragMeDown_OoF_v1.4m_Rev2_mp3.mp3 --  (Download: 7.62 MB)

ITB Setup: Reaper, Airwindows, IK Multimedia TR5, XLN AD2 ATrigger and RC-20, Waves.
Monitoring: Dynaudio BM5 mkIII, Behritone, Sennheiser HD 650. Semi-treated room.

Messages In This Thread
Adam Buckley - Drag Me Down [OctoOnFire] - by OctopusOnFire - 13-12-2018, 06:24 PM