Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Brew What I want
Berge, thanks for your feedback. I wasn't too happy with the wiry guitar you mentioned either, although its not the eq its the amp simulator I ran one of the guitar tracks through. I wish I had a copy of the DI from the recording I could probably do a better job getting the tone I felt that part needed. I'm not a big fan of amp simulators, unfortunately I can't run the guitar track as it exists out to my tube amp and reamp it, that wouldn't sound good either. I wanted to get a good contrast between the verse guitar sound which had a kinda spacey delay going on and add some distortion/overdrive to really make the chorus more driving. It just seemed like all the tones I was getting from the plugin were very thin sounding and I'm not quite sure why I had settled on that one, cause I agree it has too much digital distortion, maybe ear fatigue who knows. But I will revisit the mix and try to get something more suitable for the part. Thanks for the suggestions I will take that into consideration.

Messages In This Thread
The Brew What I want - by Daniel Y - 11-09-2013, 07:07 PM
RE: The Brew What I want - by berge92 - 15-09-2013, 11:17 PM
RE: The Brew What I want - by Daniel Y - 18-09-2013, 08:28 PM