Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
About This Multitrack
(05-02-2019, 07:32 PM)lmat Wrote: That link to the audio files appears to be for October 2011? Where can I hear the mix you made in April 2008? Thanks!

The link is here:
https://www.soundonsound.com/techniques/...udio-files

I personally don't recommend anyone bothers about it though (perhaps that's why it wasn't followed up). For example, he was unable to get the cymbal back in with the rest of the kit but that said, it is a challenge (and possible!). The piano is brittle and seems to have been EQ'd post recording; it lacks harmonics. The stereo domain is not of this Earth, in my mind's eye.

Furthermore, the upright is pretty much absent and fails to translate over my stress tester. 

Note the recording space is square and has a low ceiling. Room acoustics don't come worse than this and I think this was under appreciated at the time.  And there's an irritating mumbling going on in the background too....try muting it Big Grin

An important point:  The source material in the multi has been automated by inexperienced folk. We need to counter this or it will reap havoc.

Messages In This Thread
About This Multitrack - by Mike Senior - 14-04-2012, 06:46 PM
RE: About This Multitrack - by lmat - 05-02-2019, 07:32 PM
RE: About This Multitrack - by Monk - 22-12-2021, 05:43 PM