Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Drag Me Down Mix and Master
(12-11-2018, 11:57 AM)fHumble fHingaz Wrote: Hi Derik, this is cool. I really like the sound of your mix overall, particularly the vocal balance which, after listening to a quite a few other mixes of this track, seem to be really easy to get wrong. I actually like your mix's balance better than the library reference mix. Your attention to detail overall seems to be evident.

One thing I'm kind of in two minds about is the low end of the mix. At first, my immediate reaction was that the low end sounded a little "overblown" and a little bit "bloated" (which is my feeling about the reference mix too). However, after referencing a few similar charting tracks, particularly "Dangerous Night" by 30 Seconds to Mars (which is very similar in a lot of ways), it seems that pushing the low end to the limit is where it's at now...

If I'm being really super-picky, the low end in your mix could use some more tightening in the choruses. Maybe just controlling that interaction between the big subs of the kick and the massive low end of the bass during the chorus a bit more might do it.

Nice work!

Hi there! Thanks for the feedback. Yeah I totally agree with you, when I originally posted it I thought the same but didn't know how to phrase it properly but bloated is a pretty good way to describe it. I tried to clean up a bit of the low end but by the end of it I was just like I'm done for the night haha.

Thanks for the comment stho it's much appreciated!

Messages In This Thread
Drag Me Down Mix and Master - by DerikTheDoDo - 05-11-2018, 12:59 PM
RE: Drag Me Down Mix and Master - by FytaKyte - 12-11-2018, 11:57 AM
RE: Drag Me Down Mix and Master - by DerikTheDoDo - 13-11-2018, 02:38 PM
RE: Drag Me Down Mix and Master - by Monk - 12-11-2018, 03:34 PM