Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Random Somebody - Crazy For Me [OoF mix]
(03-11-2018, 05:11 PM)SonicTramp Wrote: You seem to have a passion for mixing, as I am. When I strap on my cans and open my DAW, the world doesn't matter that much anymore.

I don't lower the kick+snare (never thought about it that way) until now. Good move to know.

I learned this from the Net: Put either a kick or bass thru a VU meter (they have them round here for free. I got mine a long time ago and forgot where I got it) and pick a number, I usually choose -7. If I meter using the kick @-7, then when I bring in the bass, together with the kick, it should read -4 (that's 3 dBs more). Well, as I understand it, and according to science, 2 similar audio signals when combine will add 3dBs; 2 identical signals will add 6dBs. Once I get that going, I build everything else around it. I do check them from time to time to make sure I dont stray too far from that. Once I learned and applied the technique, I found that I received less complains about my bottom end Smile.

Yeah, 100% agree with the first sentence.

The kick-snare comment was a little bit tongue and cheek, but it's very common to get used to the punch of these things until you take a break and listen back.
ITB Setup: Reaper, Airwindows, IK Multimedia TR5, XLN AD2 ATrigger and RC-20, Waves.
Monitoring: Dynaudio BM5 mkIII, Behritone, Sennheiser HD 650. Semi-treated room.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Random Somebody - Crazy For Me [OoF mix] - by OctopusOnFire - 04-11-2018, 01:22 PM