Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Random Somebody - Crazy For Me [OoF mix]
haha...you took the words right out of my mouth. And yes, I experience (have been and probably continue to be so in the future) the same mixing syndromes. Your mix does sound modern, much more than mine, no doubt, and thanks to the kick. I forgot to mention that. Sorry my bad.

I learned a couple things on the net, thanks to fellow mixers like us, that monitor in low volume help hearing the changes of your decisions better. It did help me. For a long time, I couldn't hear what I did to the compressor. I could hear what I did to the front end of a signal (by slamming the attack all the way to zero) but, for the love of god, I could not hear what I did to the tail end of it. And don't we all know that the tail end is just as important, if not more, we can debate on this, than the front end. That is where I control the bottom end of my mix. The foundation. I also monitor in low volume because of CLA; I saw one of his numerous interviews. He said something like this, "listen in low volume forces you to make the sound better. The drums better be slamming, and if you can make the drums and the bass slamming in such low volume when you turn the volume up to 11, the shit's gonna rock!" I agree. And my mix got better. (Do mix the bottom end in mono; that's how I detect phasing problems).

Also another advice from a very good dude in here (Dangerous Dave): (paraphrase): strap whatever you want on the track but take it out if it doesnt contribute. Great advice.

I am also a fan of Andrew Scheps, so yeah, I join the loudness war siding with him and he won Smile. He also inspires me for mixing in the box. It is no longer an impossibility Smile. Fuck the analogue (because I am poor), digital is the new king. And the louder the better Smile

"Listen carefully and thou shall hear" is the new commandment (I respectfully claim this Smile)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Random Somebody - Crazy For Me [OoF mix] - by SonicTramp - 30-10-2018, 06:34 PM