Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
El Vuela - AZ Mix
Putting things in groups is the first thing I do when loading a multitrack. I've got folders and group faders for everything and often make more (like for each of the two rhythm guitars here so I could EQ them as a single instrument). The problem here is that I couldn't get the session sounding like it was sonically balanced. My ears wanted more mid range in most everything and more low end overall. High pass filters were used on several instruments but apart from the guitars which seem to have been recorded live, everything else was a synthesized part and already heavily shaped as you would expect. That left very few options when it came to trying to fit things in. Some of the frequencies I wanted to try to bring out simply weren't there. Having the bass absent for about a minute after the intro didn't help with balancing the bottom end either, one of the reasons I tried to get more low end in the guitars. As for the bass, there seemed to be little to nothing below about 70Hz. Sure, that'll get you a good bass sound but not the weight and that's why I tried to use lowender, to attempt to fill out some of that region. Not terribly happy with the snare sound either. There's a lot of ring and a good deal of buzz but not a great deal of *crack*. Given the nature of the part, though, it didn't seem to be to be a good candidate for augmenting with drumagog or etc.

Usually on a mix, if I just keep fiddling with it long enough, it eventually starts to come together even when it feels like I'm about to lose control of it. Didn't get that sense with this one which is why I decided to call it early.
Old West Audio

Messages In This Thread
El Vuela - AZ Mix - by azwayne - 16-06-2018, 05:00 AM
RE: El Vuela - AZ Mix - by Shul - 16-06-2018, 07:52 AM
RE: El Vuela - AZ Mix - by azwayne - 17-06-2018, 04:57 AM