Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Lead Inc - The Inner Circle [OctoOnFire]
Hi guys, back from a needed resting period recovering from a problem with my ears Undecided

I'm pretty happy with this mix, though I struggled a bit with it. It's a challenging song, but really well recorded and performed. I used samples and Re-amped the guitars, but only to add and enhance, not to replace. All the original tracks are there, and are like 80% of the sound.

For the drums, I used one of the Overhead tracks as some sort of fattening track for the whole drums and worked fine.

For the guitars, I went through every mic in order to bring up the character and clean all the unnecessary. It's hard work, not easy to get it right but I think it pays off.

Also lots of work in the voice to keep it on top of the other elements while taming the harsh character. A lot of distortion, Dynamic eq and compression.

Overall, a hard song with several parts and textures, a lot of work to make the guitars sound as an unit while each one of them is doing its own thing.

.mp3    LeadInc_InnerCircle_Oof_2-001.mp3 --  (Download: 12.61 MB)

ITB Setup: Reaper, Airwindows, IK Multimedia TR5, XLN AD2 ATrigger and RC-20, Waves.
Monitoring: Dynaudio BM5 mkIII, Behritone, Sennheiser HD 650. Semi-treated room.

Messages In This Thread
Lead Inc - The Inner Circle [OctoOnFire] - by OctopusOnFire - 30-03-2018, 12:34 PM