Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vics Mix
Looking for feedback Smile

ML1 was used to get this up to a normal listening level... The mix in my DAW is at aprox -6db.

After listening to the original a few times and some of the other mixes I decided on what I hoped to accomplish in this mix.

1: It seems like most people are shying away from that big rumbling kick and trying to make it disappear. I feel like that Kick is really important and wanted find a way to make it function in the mix. I ended up using DRT to generate midi and then enhanced the kick with another that had a tighter sound with more beater. I know that it's big and a little rumbling but I think it is reasonable contained.

2: the mixes I heard so far really treat the song as though the instruments are very individual. I feel like the whole vibe of the song is a smoothly rocking arms wrapped around you kind of thing. As such I used some tricks to spread the accordion and clarinet out without making them sound wet.

I wanted the voice to sit well in the mix and have a feeling of space without having long sounding reverb tails. I think I got that.

Let me know what you think, even if you hate it Tongue

.mp3    If You Say_James May_VicsMix_01.mp3 --  (Download: 7.92 MB)

Messages In This Thread
Vics Mix - by VicsMix - 06-08-2012, 08:48 AM
RE: Vics Mix - by Mike Senior - 23-08-2012, 10:31 PM