Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Such Funk, Much Groove!
The funk is strong with this one! Seriously though, this is a fun little jam track that has plenty of attitude, I went for a more dry sound on the drums but added a 1/16th note delay on the snare for fun. On the lead guitar there's a 169 ms delay acting as a sort of reverb and the syncopated guitar is panned to the left ala Van Halen 1 with a small room verb on the right. The arrangement is similar to Mixinthecloud Adam's mix and I pushed the loudness on this one abit, ala RHCP Big Grin

Cheers,
Doug

Update: The lead guitar was too bright sounding and too forward in the mix, so I turned the brighter mic down and lowered the overall level of the lead, during the rhythm guitar dropout the lead is automated down a bit so it's not as in your face.

I cleaned up some mud on the bass and gave it a cleaner sound, the snare delay has more modulation on it and is more Lo-Fi sounding.

.mp3    Shut Up and Play! Mix 1.mp3 --  (Download: 3.72 MB)

.mp3    Shut Up and Play! Mix 2.mp3 --  (Download: 3.7 MB)

Mixing is way more art and soul than science. We don’t really know what we’re doing. We do it because we love music! It’s the love of music first. Eddie Kramer

Gear list: Focusrite Scarlett 18i20, Mbox Mini w/Pro Tools Express, Reaper, Various plugins, AKG K240 MKii, Audio Technica ATH M50x, Yorkville YSM 6

Messages In This Thread
Such Funk, Much Groove! - by dcp10200 - 03-10-2017, 05:35 AM
RE: Such Funk, Much Groove! - by Mixinthecloud - 03-10-2017, 06:16 AM
RE: Such Funk, Much Groove! - by crownoise - 03-10-2017, 09:07 PM
RE: Such Funk, Much Groove! - by dcp10200 - 04-10-2017, 04:06 PM