Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Szymon Skiba - Death Metal Sucks (OTR Mix)
Hey man, I just wanted to say nice job. Overall, it's a promising mix. I have a couple of suggestions to take it even further:

- The low end makes it heavy, but on my headphones, it kinda felt a bit muddy. It sorta sounded like the bass and kick were taking up similar frequencies in the low end. I feel like it could sound even tighter if there was more separation. I would also probably bring down the bass guitar just a tad. The drums are really punchy, and I feel like with the bass a bit more out of the way, you can showcase the drums further.
- The delays and reverbs you added were neat, but I would make them more subtle and probably back them off a bit. It seems to be just a bit overpowering.
- The lead guitar has a nice edge, but I think it might have too much 'hiss'. I usually do a subtle high cut to try and tame the fuzz in the 10k+ range.
- I'm not sure if you mastered the track or not, but there seems to be a bit of pumping in the track. I don't know if you added bus or ducking compression, but if you did, then you might wanna back it off just a hair. Sometimes I like a little bit of pumping cause it makes the song sound a bit punchier as a whole, but I think it's a tad too much in this case.
- The snare might wanna come up a tad and add a low cut. The snare sound is good, so no need to hide it from us.

Beyond the stuff I just said, I don't really have any other complaints. The mix is seriously promising.

Cheers,
Nick

Messages In This Thread
RE: Szymon Skiba - Death Metal Sucks (OTR Mix) - by Nick - 25-12-2018, 11:30 PM