Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Suit You, Suit Me, Suit Everybody
Winter!? But wha...Oh, yeah.

I like it. It's a solid, tight mix.
I am losing the bass a little. I can feel it but there could be some more notes poking out to catch the ear.
I like the focus on the piano in the bridge. It helps change up the song a bit.
The vocals all sit nicely.

My only complaint is that it may feel a little over saturated. At least on the bass and guitar. They feel like one big sound. It's a very static sound becomes a bit of a wash. Also, it may be a little too compressed overall. It added tightness and a rock and roll sound but it'd be nice if the chorus popped a bit more. When the lead vocal goes into it's high voice at the chorus it naturally loses its body and weight but the level feels the same and the mix lightens ups bit. Personally, I wish there was some piano or organ in the chorus but that's just how the arrangement is. Not that I have any idea how to add that excitement that the chorus needs. I suppose in the confines of this mix you could expand the stereo stage with maybe a subtle stereo delay or spreader on the vocal or panning out the chorus BGVs. Though I do like how they work together to support the vocal. That might fall apart if they're spread too much. Ultimately you could widen the image and create some change in the mix without taxing the overall compression or changing the overall volume significantly.

Overall it's a very good mix but just a hair too static. It's like 90% there but could just use a little more to catch the ear.
Hope that helps.

Messages In This Thread
Suit You, Suit Me, Suit Everybody - by Dangerous - 06-06-2017, 11:35 AM
RE: Suit You, Suit Me, Suit Everybody - by Roy - 07-06-2017, 01:49 PM
RE: Suit You, Suit Me, Suit Everybody - by kapu - 13-06-2017, 06:51 AM
RE: Suit You, Suit Me, Suit Everybody - by thedon - 13-06-2017, 11:59 AM
RE: Suit You, Suit Me, Suit Everybody - by Roy - 13-06-2017, 03:04 PM
RE: Suit You, Suit Me, Suit Everybody - by Cudjoe - 13-06-2017, 04:43 PM
RE: Suit You, Suit Me, Suit Everybody - by Roy - 14-06-2017, 02:27 PM