Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Roots Of Mankind
(04-12-2016, 11:34 AM)Mandubien Wrote: Hi Houndface !

Thank you for mixing our song Smile I'm their drummer and I mixed the album 'Into My Dreams'.

Here's my feedback.

The overall EQ is very mid rangy. Balanced though. It fits well for the guitars which sound very punch in your mix, but I feel like I'm listening on an old TV :p
The kick and the floor tom 2 sound more in front than the rest of the drums.

Each tracks is well balanced, but there is too much reverb to me, especially on drums. It's quite distractive. But while I'm listening on the outro, I love how you processed the lead guitar Smile The FX you used is fantastic and give a very cool vibe ! Nice job !

Besides the kick, I really like your drum tone. The second snare sounds fantastic, and the toms as well. The main snare fits well in your mix.

One last thing I noticed : your mix is very centered, especially during the choruses. You probably could review your pans for the guitars to open it up.

Nice job !

Hi Mandubien,
Thanks for the feedback and the opportunity to mix a great track! I hear what your saying about the midrange, I actually gave it a small bump when I was finalizing it all, could probably do away with it. As for the reverb, I think I got a little carried away. I just picked up BX RooMS new verb plugin and still getting used to it, maybe I should go with a more modern sounding verb. I'm also interested in what type of kick tone your looking for. I cycled through 5-6 samples to blend and landed on the current one witch may be to much beef for some. I have probably over a hundred more samples but didn't want to get bogged down in all that. I've opened a second project to experiment with the guitars and making radical moves to see what happens. Again, Thanks! I Cant wait to get my hands on more!

Messages In This Thread
Roots Of Mankind - by Houndface - 04-12-2016, 07:12 AM
RE: Roots Of Mankind - by Shul - 04-12-2016, 07:52 AM
RE: Roots Of Mankind - by Houndface - 05-12-2016, 08:12 PM
RE: Roots Of Mankind - by Mike Senior - 04-12-2016, 07:53 AM
RE: Roots Of Mankind - by Mandubien - 04-12-2016, 11:34 AM
RE: Roots Of Mankind - by Houndface - 05-12-2016, 09:08 PM