Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Temporary Happiness Mixed by Doug
I went for a sort of "Live from the Studio" sound on this track. As with the last track from W.I.N,D this was a blast to mix, it's the kind of track to play when driving in a mid 60's muscle car tearing up back country roads and highways!

I did notice that cymbal bleed was more prevalent on the drums for this track which made using a conventional noise gate tricky, in the end using a transient designer and turning down the sustain on the kick and snare gae a more natural sound while taming the cymbals (JST just released a new plugin called Tominator that deals with cymbal bleed with a cross between dynamic EQ and gate which I'm going to take a look at). Other than that and a quick phase flip on the inside kick mic, the drums were well recorded and easy to mix.

Cheers,
Doug

Update: Heres a new version with some adjustments to the kick, horns, and bass.

.mp3    Temporary Happiness Master 1.mp3 --  (Download: 7.02 MB)

.mp3    Temporary Happiness Master 2.mp3 --  (Download: 6.95 MB)

Mixing is way more art and soul than science. We don’t really know what we’re doing. We do it because we love music! It’s the love of music first. Eddie Kramer

Gear list: Focusrite Scarlett 18i20, Mbox Mini w/Pro Tools Express, Reaper, Various plugins, AKG K240 MKii, Audio Technica ATH M50x, Yorkville YSM 6

Messages In This Thread
Temporary Happiness Mixed by Doug - by dcp10200 - 03-12-2016, 01:34 AM
RE: Temporary Happiness Mixed by Doug - by Cudjoe - 03-12-2016, 04:58 AM
RE: Temporary Happiness Mixed by Doug - by Olli H - 03-12-2016, 10:41 AM
RE: Temporary Happiness Mixed by Doug - by Roy - 03-12-2016, 02:52 PM
RE: Temporary Happiness Mixed by Doug - by Roy - 04-12-2016, 03:36 PM
RE: Temporary Happiness Mixed by Doug - by Roy - 04-12-2016, 04:40 PM