Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Colour Me Red. . . I haven't posted in a while!!
Hi!

How is everyone? Well I hope! So, I finally got a break from the job to take some time to mix (while not exhausted that is). I only listened to the initial track, and that was a while ago. Wanted "fresh ears" so to speak.

Mixed in 32C.

What do you guys like, and what do you not? Hope you enjoy!

Draper

***UPDATE***

So, in V3, I added some kick, tried to lower my overall compression and tried to make it a bit more modern sounding.

V4 BASS!!!!!! And edited out a breath in the intro

***FYI***
I spent about 3 hours on the initial mix, and probably another 2 through versions 2-4 in total. And with the first revisions, if a part is louder, I added the parts into Reaper and basically added the parts to the mastered initial mix to keep things that I liked the same. I think the process worked out fairly well.

***Edit***
V5. . .
I ended up going back into my original multitracks, and played around with the verbs and eq'd the vox a touch. Brought it back in to the same mastering/conversion/biggerizing session and I think I like it.

V6. . . good engine. And FINAL

I felt like I lost something in v5. Some dirt I think. I touched the kick and bass a bit, then I did something. . . weird. I sent my mix into an EQ, hi cut and low cut to about 500 and 2k, boosted a bit around 900, into a stereo reverb. . . . into a leslie simulator, played with some of the settings, sent that into a slapback delay. . . .and send that into an Eventide Ultrachannel to Micropitch it. . . . I think it adds some of the something I lost in V5. So. . . . too much?

.mp3    Colour Me Red Master.mp3 --  (Download: 7.55 MB)

.mp3    Colour Me Red Master 3.mp3 --  (Download: 7.89 MB)

.mp3    Colour Me Red Master 6.mp3 --  (Download: 7.36 MB)

.mp3    Colour Me Red Master 4.mp3 --  (Download: 7.89 MB)

.mp3    Colour Me Red Master 5.mp3 --  (Download: 7.33 MB)

Messages In This Thread
Colour Me Red. . . I haven't posted in a while!! - by loweche6 - 22-11-2016, 08:09 AM