Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Diesel13: 'Colour Me Red' (Roddy Mix)
Nice and punchy mix, I love your bass tone!
Here are some points that could (hopefully) help to improve some other things:

As far as the overall sound is concerned the mix could open up more in all directions, if that makes sense. Feels a bit cluttered in the low mids, so doing some EQ cuts here and there would really help to clean that up. Also a bit more panning work could be good, as well as adding some 3D qualities, meaning some instruments could be placed further back in the mix with ambience/reverb, doesn´t have to be much.

Right now, there´s only the snare with a bit of effect on it, all the other tracks are very dry and upfront. Especially all of the vocals suffer from that dryness in my opinion, but that could be easily fixed

For me the kick is sounding quite boxy and thin, which of course makes it earsier for the bass sounding so big, but you could try cutting the kick around 400 to 500 Hz and boost a little 60 Hz instead for more low end punch, provided that doesn´t interfere with the bass too much.

Also finding some resonaces and notching them out could clear up the overall tonality, for example at the very end of the song there´s some heavy ringing going on around 300 Hz, pull that out and the mix will open up quite a bit.

Overall good work, would be worth to hone in a bit more, hope that helps! Cheers!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Diesel13: 'Colour Me Red' (Roddy Mix) - by Herb Felho - 10-11-2016, 08:36 PM