Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DopplerShift-Atrophy by LeZlee (A MIX FULL OF EXPERIMENTS!)
Hi everyone!

This is a mix that i worked on the most recently...it`s full of new approaches, insprirations. Let`s start:

Drums : There`s a special (weird Big Grin) reverb on the snare drum : I`ve send the snare to a reverb unit -that has been HP and LP (so only mids reverbing), added a Parametric EQ with a very narrow Q boosting in the middle (around 12-15 dB) and automated the frequency controller so it`s a kind of AutoWah reverb Big Grin the whole "thing" is then narrowed to a mono track and panned beetwen hard L and C. It`s very subtle, i definetly didn`t want it to be heard.
In the bridge before the end - i throwed a big hall on the drums

Bass : The bass was parallel processed thru a distortion unit (just to add a slight drive to it ), and a bit off compression. The bass was erased from the Bridge, to make a bit bigger tension before the last chorus

Guitars : The guitars (chorus) sounded very very very weak to me, so i`ve picked my favourite overdrive and DRIVE YA! Big Grin

Vocal : The vocal is horrible. It has some kind of distortion or overload in the mids (300 - 1 Khz) I was trying to cut it out, but then the vocal was very thin, so i`ve decided to make a compromise and cut it less. Vocal riding was necessary, and i`ve added a parallel, distorted bandpassed vocal to the chorus - to compete with the driven guitars.

I`ve used a reverb called Ambience , just to add a slight ambience to the dry signal and then i`ve sended the vocal to a Delay with compressor on it sidechaining from the vocal. So as the vocals hits, there`s no or very little delay, and as soon as it leaves the delay opens.

I`ve also added a reverse effect to the intro (becouse the beggining, when the band starts sounded too harsh to me Smile )
ALL THESE THINGS ARE VERY SUBTLE! I`m sure that you`ll not hear some of the delays i mentioned, but that`s it! I just wanted some subtle changes, not BLOW IT IN MY FACE Big Grin

The whole stereo bounce was than Mastered (cleaned up, Eq, Comp., Saturation units, Limited)

.mp3    DopplerShift-Atrophy.mp3 --  (Download: 12.1 MB)

Messages In This Thread
DopplerShift-Atrophy by LeZlee (A MIX FULL OF EXPERIMENTS!) - by rock4ever26 - 06-06-2013, 12:49 PM