Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Diesel13: 'Colour Me Red' mix/master by IRONWORK
(05-11-2016, 02:09 PM)IRONWORK Wrote: Another great set of multitracks to play with, thank you Mike (and Joe and Diesel) !

[v7.2, 25.11.16] FINAL MASTER - CONTEST ENTRY
"Nobody said it was easy..."
Thanks to everyone for the extremely helpful comments, which I feel brought this track a long way from v1 to v7.2! Strangely though, I still kinda prefer v1... I guess that's the "don't lose the freshness" thing, and as I get better at this, my first mixes will, I hope, keep the freshness but have fewer of the technical problems. Mike's ears and insight are astonishing as always - I'm not disappointed! And for everyone who said "I like it but it's a bit squashed" - thanks! I got there in the end (I think). Comments welcome!

Interesting reading IRONWORK,

I guess this proves that your first and instinctive moves are likely to be your best and reflect your own personally and "know how" the best. It's always challenging moving forward and reacting to comments made (for good or bad) on the mix and then to build on it, without upsetting yesterdays good mix moves. It's a great building process learning how to rework and ripen a mix without spoiling it. With all things considered, a much harder thing to do in practice.

Great work with this one Big Grin

Dave

Messages In This Thread
RE: Diesel13: 'Colour Me Red' mix/master by IRONWORK - by Dangerous - 29-11-2016, 10:21 AM