Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cyber Mower mixed by Dcp
Got my attention when you said you were more of a Rock & Metal kind of guy! Lets see what is going on here.

I like that crunch on the bass. Perhaps a bit longer on the release for the sidechain compressor though, it'll give you a bit more of a pump and plus that kick is really short anyway, so that gives you a lot of leeway on how you can make the compressor react to it Smile On some mixes I've done I've actually used a sample of a nice short TR-909 to trigger the sidechain of a compressor and wrote in MIDI notes to match the kick of an acoustic drum before, then tuned the compressor the way I wanted it to sound based on the sounds being sidechained and the kick in the track. Anyway, DUDE THAT SNARE KICKS @$$! Also, I like how you used a filter on the bass. Nice. Same with the hats. Definitely, like that. Also, I like contrast of the very cleans highs to the relatively dirty mid & lows. Going into the take down, I like what you did with that synth! Definitely gives me a more Rock vibe, though perhaps a bit more reverb on it. Remember this isn't Rock or Metal, reverb is all right. Pads are nice and clean, which is again a nice contrast. Now, the drum beat in the middle, that is actually pretty interesting! I like the bit of crunchiness going on. Though maybe more of a level lift when everything picks up there, it is kind of a mini-crescendo. Now, kind of like Takka's mix I'm surprised you didn't make that saw motif a bit more aggressive just based on the rest of the mix. That is interesting to me. Anywho, the final build to the end crescendo! All right! Finally, someone who lifted the lead! You are the man! Sounds almost like how you'd treat a guitar. This is an area where I feel if you were to make the mix actually pump to the kick it would actually work a lot better for the kind of aesthetic you were going for. At least IMO. But seriously man that snare does freakin kick some @$$.

Overall I have to say I never saw this coming. Tasteful application of distortion really changes the direction in a way I never thought about. Actually, the way you treated it kind of reminds me of a friend I'd have. He'd probably do the same kind of stuff. That was pretty darn awesome to hear!

Messages In This Thread
Cyber Mower mixed by Dcp - by dcp10200 - 25-10-2016, 11:24 PM
RE: Cyber Mower mixed by Dcp - by APZX - 26-10-2016, 01:18 AM
RE: Cyber Mower mixed by Dcp - by dcp10200 - 26-10-2016, 04:09 AM
RE: Cyber Mower mixed by Dcp - by APZX - 27-10-2016, 01:09 AM