Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cyber Mower mixed by Dcp
It's my first time doing an Electronic mix on the forum, I did mix some stuff for a friend once but as I've said, I'm mostly a rock and metal kind of guy. Anywho, on with the mix!

For this track I wanted to have an aggressive sound, the Snare, Hi Hats and Kick all have some distortion on them and the kick has a parallel compressor on it to make it dirty. The kick is also the sidechain trigger on the bass and making the bass pump pretty hard. Bass wise I ran it though an ampeg SVT Emulation with no cab impulse and a mild amount of grind added , the bass is high passed at 80 Hz to futher prevent it from fighting the kick. When the NES Style synths came in I used a bit crusher on the other set of drum tracks further push the 80s chip tune sound of that section. Some of the lead synths were run through a 5150 amp sim with a treble booster and some spring reverb to give them a guitar like sound.

Mastering wise I went pretty heavy with saturation, clipping, compression and limiting to give it a dirtier sound. I also used a mono maker style plugin to make everything under 175 Hz Mono, this should help the mix when played on a sub.

Thanks APZX for uploading the track, it's interesting to poke around with these synth based tracks and experiment with different mixing techniques!

Cheers,
Dcp

.mp3    Cyber Mower Master 1.mp3 --  (Download: 7.35 MB)

Mixing is way more art and soul than science. We don’t really know what we’re doing. We do it because we love music! It’s the love of music first. Eddie Kramer

Gear list: Focusrite Scarlett 18i20, Mbox Mini w/Pro Tools Express, Reaper, Various plugins, AKG K240 MKii, Audio Technica ATH M50x, Yorkville YSM 6

Messages In This Thread
Cyber Mower mixed by Dcp - by dcp10200 - 25-10-2016, 11:24 PM
RE: Cyber Mower mixed by Dcp - by APZX - 26-10-2016, 01:18 AM
RE: Cyber Mower mixed by Dcp - by dcp10200 - 26-10-2016, 04:09 AM
RE: Cyber Mower mixed by Dcp - by APZX - 27-10-2016, 01:09 AM