Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Human Radio - You & Me & The Radio (ZX Mix)
I'm going to be perfectly honest I love these Telefunken recorded songs. However, that is not to say I did not find issues with the tracks. Mainly, the guitars recorded with the dynamic M80 I believe. What they did to those guitars just did not sound right to me. I honestly could not really think of a good way to put them into the mix. So, I opted for the AK47 mainly because they sounded a lot cleaner and much easier to work with. I personally found the drums pretty easy to work with, except the kick. I really did not like the kick drum in this track at all. The M81 just is too "metal-y" what with that pure click it seems. But after some parallel EQ, compression, and a little more EQ it gained a little bottom end.

As for how I approached the mix. I kind of went the more 80s route in the overall approach. In so much as I tried to make it more dynamic sounding. However, to much disappointment I'm sure there is no gun shot snares here. Sorry Wink Anywho, my first thing was to get a good sounding drum kit. A little more on the punchy side of things. The guitars are nothing special, nor was the bass, nor anything else really. The big thing was more just coming up with what I felt was a good balance and working from there. No crazy FX chains. Just some reverb. Quite honestly it was really just EQ, Compression, and a little gating here and there.

Also, for fun I left the count in and even the little "la-la-la-la" the singer performed. They'd be easy enough to remove, but I like songs when they leave those kind of things in there. Anyway, hope you all enjoy!

.mp3    Human Radio - You & Me & The Radio (ZX Mix).mp3 --  (Download: 9.26 MB)

Messages In This Thread
Human Radio - You & Me & The Radio (ZX Mix) - by APZX - 31-05-2013, 01:12 PM