Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My humble version
Thanks Ryan for your elaborate feedback!

Piano / stereo : Well yes, it is dancing around a bit - I guess a bit of M/S processing or plain narrowing could help to make it more focused. OTOTH, I like that it sort of "embraces" the band
No automation used on the piano - the bleed from the other instruments makes it impossible without ruining the "image"

Regarding the 1:42.3 thing : I hear it, but I think it's part of what makes a live and dynamic performance. Sometimes we need to let stuff be, and not suck the life out of it. It's a fine line Smile Smile

Regarding the "vocal" : It's the piano player humming along.

Regarding limiter : The only time it's actually doing anything is during the drumsolo - and when, it's around 3dB's with a 2ms release-time. If you had a look at the waveforms on the tracks, these peaks are already there, since he's banging pretty hard, hehe. And I'm pretty satisfied if you can only hear the limiter because you saw them. Seeing is believing Smile

Thanks again - it's really usefull to get the feedback from another set of ears (and brains) I'll see if either doing some M/S processing or width-adjustment on the piano will do some good to the mix.

Messages In This Thread
My humble version - by jakobole - 01-07-2016, 09:38 PM
RE: My humble version - by Dangerous - 02-07-2016, 01:52 PM
RE: My humble version - by jakobole - 02-07-2016, 03:58 PM
RE: My humble version - by RyanThompson - 03-07-2016, 04:28 PM
RE: My humble version - by jakobole - 03-07-2016, 11:14 PM
RE: My humble version - by Duke1418 - 02-11-2016, 10:11 PM