Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Way of Life Mixed by Dcp
I have to say that these tracks from Lead Inc are at first challenging to mix, but I found sitting down and listening to the different tracks and finding out what each part is doing helped me out abit. These tracks are a great exercise in preping your tracks before mixing. Anywho, on to the mix.

This mix here is based off of a rough mix I made a couple of days ago, after leaving it for a couple of days I made some adjustments to the kick, snare, and toms and added some automation to the vocals and dirty rhythm guitars. Even with this version there are still somethings I need to work on but overall this is the kind of sound I'm going for.

The 2 buss for this mix is calibrated with a -18 dBfS test tone generated by the tone generator in Reaper (similar to what I did for my remix of Good Time). This time I used The Variety of Sound Density MKIII Compressor, Waves NLS Neve Emulation, Waves Kramer Tape, and Waves CLA 2a compressor (not really doing any compression, moreso adding colour). I mixed through this chain of plugins and went on from there.

The drums are much the same as my mix for The Dice except I didn't use the Rough Rider Compressor on them this time around, I used Klanghelm IVGI saturation, Waves CLA 3a, and a soft clipper. The kick has a more rounded sound this time and the drums overall have a more vibey sound.

The bass is run through an Ampeg emulation in Guitar rig 5 and uses a crossover built in to the plugin to run the lowend of the bass through a 8x10 ampeg cab emulation and the high end through a RedWirez Marshall 1960a cab ir miced with a modded sm57.

Guitars are treated much the same as The Dice, the clean guitar has a doubler and octaver to make it stereo and the dirty guitars have some eq and a TDR Nova dynamic eq sidechained to the bass to remove some low end mud when the bass plays.

Vocals are run through a Destressor emulation with some eq tweaks.

Mastering was some minimal compression and eq.

Please leave you comments and critiques below and enjoy.

.mp3    Way of Life Rough Master.mp3 --  (Download: 8.8 MB)

Mixing is way more art and soul than science. We don’t really know what we’re doing. We do it because we love music! It’s the love of music first. Eddie Kramer

Gear list: Focusrite Scarlett 18i20, Mbox Mini w/Pro Tools Express, Reaper, Various plugins, AKG K240 MKii, Audio Technica ATH M50x, Yorkville YSM 6

Messages In This Thread
Way of Life Mixed by Dcp - by dcp10200 - 25-05-2016, 03:22 PM
RE: Way of Life Mixed by Dcp - by Shul - 25-05-2016, 06:10 PM
RE: Way of Life Mixed by Dcp - by dcp10200 - 26-05-2016, 05:46 AM
RE: Way of Life Mixed by Dcp - by Dangerous - 28-05-2016, 06:27 AM
RE: Way of Life Mixed by Dcp - by dcp10200 - 28-05-2016, 12:58 PM
RE: Way of Life Mixed by Dcp - by dcp10200 - 28-05-2016, 12:56 PM
RE: Way of Life Mixed by Dcp - by Dangerous - 29-05-2016, 12:20 AM
RE: Way of Life Mixed by Dcp - by dcp10200 - 29-05-2016, 01:01 AM