Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pedaling Prince - Benjamin John: "Better Way"
(03-04-2016, 09:01 AM)thedon Wrote: Maybe just a little more eq adjustments as can hear some loose bottom end of the kick end in the side channels

That was on purpose. The original tracks, as you know, included an "ambience" track for the kick. That track sounded horrible; it was obviously recorded in a barn (literally; I could hear the animals in the background, and it didn't even synchronize properly with the actual kick recording Confused) so I ditched it and added an artificial ambience slapback. I actually preferred the sound of the kick the way it was but since the artist obviously wanted that ambience on the kick enough to record a separate track for it I decided to put it in.

thedon Wrote:I think the background vocals sound a little full and boxy around the 600hz area and below mainly in the side channels also

Yeah, you're probably right. Since they're only in the background, I don't tend to balance the EQ on background vocals as carefully as I do the lead vocal. Of course, given the retro 50s feel of this piece I didn't want to over-process, either; I wanted to make this as clean and natural sounding as possible. But maybe I should've worked on those backing vocals just a little more. But there were so bloody many of them... Tongue

thedon Wrote:P.s enjoyed watching your latest Fast food Video !

Ah, then you also heard a bit of my mix of "Iron Sheik" by Dry Clean Only, which I've adopted as the theme for my YouTube series Podium HD as of this year. Wink

For those of you just coming in here who wants to see the video Don is talking about, here's the link:

https://youtu.be/iX8QK12eysY

I haven't gotten any response from KFC thus far. So I've send the video directly to their Canadian headquarters and posted to their Facebook page... Big Grin

Anyway, as promised, I'll now go and review your mix of this song. Wink
John A. Ardelli
Pedaling Prince Pictures
http://www.youtube.com/user/PedalingPrince

Messages In This Thread
RE: Pedaling Prince - Benjamin John: "Better Way" - by Pedaling Prince - 03-04-2016, 05:07 PM