Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
C U Next Time (Since everyone was making a fuzz over "CLA")
(03-03-2016, 03:28 PM)Shul Wrote:
(03-03-2016, 08:13 AM)takka360 Wrote: I cant hear anything clashing in that YouTube mix at all
That's why its got half a million thumbs up

Half a million thumbs up from consumers, not from mixers. I believe that many likes has to do with song arrangement of the band rather than how it was mixed.

Imo That particular song has that mushiness when bass and guitars kick in. It even masks the kick and snare somewhat. The only difference is the guitars are a bit louder and the high end is enhanced better than this. Thats why is perceived as cleaner but None the less I still hear mushiness in the low end .
I agree on mine it was a Lil too much.

Where do you hear the clashing on mine? Or what instruments are clashing onto each other?

There was some stray fizz on the lead guitar tracks, it's not your mixing that caused it, the raw lead tracks are really fizzy (part of the reason I didn't use em untill the end of the track when the mix got busier). Try high passing them at around 7-10 kHz and using a really surgical parametric filter at 2-4 kHz to remove any stray high frequency whistle.
Mixing is way more art and soul than science. We don’t really know what we’re doing. We do it because we love music! It’s the love of music first. Eddie Kramer

Gear list: Focusrite Scarlett 18i20, Mbox Mini w/Pro Tools Express, Reaper, Various plugins, AKG K240 MKii, Audio Technica ATH M50x, Yorkville YSM 6

Messages In This Thread
RE: C U Next Time (Since everyone was making a fuzz over "CLA") - by dcp10200 - 03-03-2016, 04:32 PM