Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dead Enemies ReMix (December 2016)
It's a great mix. I don't care if something is too loud, to quiet, wrong this, wrong that as long as the basics are there and it doesn't sound overproduced or too raw to call it a mix. There are always reasons why something sounds the way it sounds. End of story.

But - and this is a very big BUT - you have totally fucked up the blast beat. The snare has to come down A LOT because a drummer can't hit a snare like this. Even Dirk Verbeuren from Soilwork who recorded new songs for my band in the last months can't play a blast with huge snare hits. It sounds extremely unnatural - I instantly stopped FEELING the mix and started to analyze what the hell sounds wrong.

My advice: Turn down the robotic snare sample and use the original snare track for the blast OR use very low midi velocities (maybe 60 instead of 127). If this IS the original snare track back off your compressor for this part and bring the snare down. The snare isn't the driving factor of this blast beat anyway - it's the kick and the clear vocals on top of the blast.

So: Great mix. Very raw, VERY powerful, very emotional. Without the machine gun blast I would give you a 10/10.

Messages In This Thread
Dead Enemies ReMix (December 2016) - by Shul - 10-02-2016, 11:12 AM
RE: Broke the Replay Button with This one! - by Blitzzz - 11-02-2016, 01:19 AM