Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Öjebokören: That's Entertainment - mix Tommy Marcinek
(05-02-2016, 07:39 AM)Dangerous Wrote: I like it Tom, It's a bit quiet though don't you think? Only joking! lol. I know by now to always turn the volume down before pressing play. The first time I listened to one of your mixes, it blew the cans straight off my head! lol That's your style so keep it up. The only thing I can suggest is to soften the piano attack a little maybe with a transient controller or the sort. Just finding it a little distracting throughout the performance . That's if you want to of course. Well Done.

Dave.

---------------------
Dave, thanks for the laughs AND the compliments! Yeah, I was considering doing just that with the piano, and even tried it, but then the piano seemed too distant to me....seemed to lose definition, and since that is the only rhythmic/tonal element aside from the voices I opted for lowering it and using reverb to bring it back a bit in the mix. Maybe I could have lowered it even more. Confession: I mixed this one totally with cans (which many say is a no-no), but I was mixing this one on my laptop while doing other things, etc., so I wanted to try doing it that way. I've never heard my mix in anything other than cans. I appreciate your kinds words and suggestions. Perhaps a different plug or series of lighter instances of a transient plug might do the trick....but those are on my main music computer....would have to transfer the project there to do that. :-)

Tom

tommymarcinek.com - Tommy Marcinek

Messages In This Thread
RE: Öjebokören: That's Entertainment - mix Tommy Marcinek - by tjmtruth - 05-02-2016, 01:21 PM