Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Patrick Talbot - Upper Hand (M&F)
Here is my mix of this song, my second testing out Waves NX.. I really like the results from using it..

Source file for reference, right click and "Save File As" (please use BitPerfect from the Mac App Store for iTunes for Mac for bit-to-bit intended playback).

(Revision 1 posted based on producer's notes.. In mixing, its normal that the producer or artist makes comments to a first mix pass, then the mixer adjusts based on the comments... In the process of this, takka360 had his comment, and now for this song, I challenged takka360 to a friendly mix-off.. If he can get any 4 member with at least 3 mixes of their own posted to the forum, to choose his -up to 4 revisions- over my revision 1, I will PayPal him $200)

Update2: The LANDR silent test failed.. was curious to see how it would play out and I agree with the comment on that version.. so, I revised this post to my XQR mixing process (its a specific chain of stuff and process producing the 24-bit master) and in the process of working on this song I lost a bit of zeal for finalizing this song.. At first I attempted to experiment with the mix of the song, and eventually was steered into a "traditional" mix of it. The artist has a good traditional mix version of the song already.. and as I finalized this, I feel like I'm only doing a layered traditional version of the original song mix.. perhaps some songs work better sticking to traditional oppose to being creative.. I don't need to practice "traditional", this mix style is easy for me personally, I need to practice creativity.. I want to explore what 2016 gear can do.. I feel music is boring today not because of the songs, artists, and producers.. the "songs" are still great.. but because the "sound" lacks diverse creativity.. There is a difference in sound from Motown, Beach Boys, The Beatles, and The 5th Dimension.. all records made in the same era but all different.. There will not be another Wall Of Sound because one guy is too scared he won't sound like the next guy... in closing my thought: I feel today is the best opportunity to give people listening experiences again.. circumstances can take the money away from music, but the ability to have a person appreciate the music you work on, is the reason why anyone doing this today is doing it, for the love of the craft. Thanks to everyone with constructive comments on the last versions of this but this is my final version.. Now, I'm off to find something I can crank the AMS RMX16 on as I'm dying to try it out Smile

.mp3    Upper Hand XQR.mp3 --  (Download: 10.45 MB)

M1 Pro MBP: is my Hattori Hanzo.

Messages In This Thread
Patrick Talbot - Upper Hand (M&F) - by Digitaldruglord - 30-01-2016, 07:04 PM
RE: Patrick Talbot - Upper Hand (M&F) - by Olli H - 09-02-2016, 06:55 PM
RE: Patrick Talbot - Upper Hand (M&F) - by Olli H - 10-02-2016, 07:14 AM